iFormBuilder Smart Table Search Updates!
Hey Zerion Community,
We are currently researching ways to upgrade our Smart Table Search Functionality. We are correcting and fixing current Smart Table Search Issues that are outlined on this community post which includes support for multi-select elements and fixes some current deficiencies in the functionality.
We are researching adding a new element designed for a Smarter Smart Table Search/Database Lookup. This functionality may include the following:
- New Element
- Visualize Multiple Columns in a table format in the lookup instead of a single column
- Fuzzy Search inside the table to
The Device Functionality would look very similar to this screenshot below:
- When selecting the new element you would be brought to the screen on the right-hand side and see a list of columns and rows to select.
- Tap on a row you wish to select and the element will close and return details about that row.
This functionality now allows Group to View Multiple Columns in their lookup table whether it be for referencing previous data or for lookup purposes.
Within the FormBuilder this could be configured like this:
- Table Name - Select which table you would like to use
- Displayed Columns - Choose which columns you would like to display in you view when looking up information.
- Returned Columns - Choose which columns you would like returned for looking up into other fields.
Please provide any feedback and suggestions below on how you could see this feature used or any features and functionality you would like.
This seems good. A few considerations:
1. Could I pass a parameter from an element in my form, into the filter? For example, I have selected a 'Material' of "Copper" and only want to retrieve rows from the smart table search where the material in the other table is "Copper".
2. Can we pass date ranges into the smart table filters? Could I ask to only retrieve rows with an inspection date of the current month, for example?
The new functionality would be very useful, but I think it would be far more powerful if the filters are dynamic.It would enable implementers to be more creative in their designs.
Hey Folks, The New Lookup element will be available for Beta Testing here next week. In the meantime take a look at this video on how this works.
Please sign in to leave a comment.