iFormBuilder ArcGIS Online
Table of Contents
- What is ArcGIS Online?
- What is the ArcGIS Connector?
- What is a feature service?
- How do I publish an iFormBuilder form to ArcGIS Online?
- VIDEO: How do I use the ArcGIS Online Connector?
What is ArcGIS Online?
Part of the Esri Geospatial Cloud, ArcGIS Online enables you to connect people, locations, and data using interactive maps. Work with smart, data-driven styles and intuitive analysis tools that deliver location intelligence. Share your insights with the world or specific groups.
What is the ArcGIS Connector?
The ArcGIS Connector allows iFormBuilder record data to be populated directly into ArcGIS Online as a feature service. This means that when this is connected all records submitted will flow directly into ArcGIS Online upon submission.
What is a feature service?
Feature services allow you to serve feature data and nonspatial tables over the Internet or your intranet. This makes your data available for use in web clients, desktop apps, and field apps.
As the publisher of a feature service, you determine what functionality is available to the people who use the feature service, define the styling used when displaying the features, and define templates for editing data. When people access your feature service, they can view your data and the data associated with it through relationship classes. They can use your feature service in the maps and apps they create and, if you allow it, they can edit the data in the feature service.
Feature services run on ArcGIS GIS Server sites.
Read more about feature services here.
How do I publish an iFormBuilder form to ArcGIS Online?
To publish a form to ArcGIS Online, follow the instructions below.
Please note the following:
- This feature is currently in beta.
- The link to ArcGIS Online will fail if any of the following data column names are used on your form:
- Forms with Text Areas with 50 or more characters of data will cause this to fail.
- Images will be posted as URL links within the feature service.
To link a form to an ArcGIS Online feature service, follow the instructions below.
STEP 1. Before beginning, make sure you have linked your ArcGIS Online Account. If you haven't, follow the instructions here.
STEP 2. Go to the link below:
PLEASE NOTE: Customers with a dedicated database (i.e. companyname.iformbuilder.com) simply need to replace the "app" part of the URL with your company name.
STEP 3: Looking below the link section, you will see a list of forms for this company profile along with some menu options.
PLEASE NOTE: Only forms that contain the ESRI element will appear here.
Step 4: Select a form from the menu and choose Publish or Publish With Existing Data. These 2 options are outlined below:
- Publish: This allows you to publish an iFormBuilder form to ArcGISOnline as a new feature service.
- Publish with Data: This allows you to publish an iFormBuilder form to ArcGISOnline as a new feature service which will include all current records in the data table from iFormBuilder that contains Location data.
Step 5: Once the feature service is created the page will re-load and you will now see a checkmark next to the form showing it is connected.
Any new records created for this form will be sent to the ArcGIS Online feature service and will be plotted on the Feature Service Layer by the Latitude and Longitude stored in the location information field. The priority in which the records will be plotted is outlined below:
- ESRI Element
- Modified Location (If the ESRI Element contains no data)
- Created Location (if the ESRI element and Modified Location contains no data)
- If Esri Element, Modified Location, and Created Location do not contain data, the record will not be sent to the feature service.
VIDEO: How do I use the ArcGIS Online Connector?
Please sign in to leave a comment.