iFormBuilder Common Questions
Table of Contents
- What is a Post Error?
- What do I do after receiving the post errors?
- What is Post Processing Email Flag?
What is a Post Error?
A Post Error is what the system returns by sending an email notification to you when an HTTP post fails to send data to your endpoints.
PLEASE NOTE: You will have to have your email address set up in the Error Email field or the Notification Email field in your endpoint (see below):
The common errors you are likely to receive are HTTP status code  (this is a CURL error), code , etc. You can find what these error codes mean by looking up the below documentation. The failure can be caused by a variety of reasons: server being too busy, endpoints failing to respond within the 10-second timeout limit the endpoints are set up to by default, etc.
What do I do after receiving the post errors?
- If you have enabled Guaranteed Delivery in your endpoint, our system will automatically retry posting data again to your endpoints 6 times: 1 min, 5 mins, 30 mins, 1h, 6h, and 24h until the Post finally succeeds. As a result, in most cases, your data will reach the endpoint before exhausting the retries, and you will experience only delay in receiving the data, instead of completely missing them. Worst case scenario, if all 6 retries fail, the system will send you an email notifying you that the Post has failed completely and you will need to re-trigger post-processing to get the data to the endpoint.
- If you wish to only receive the final error email and don't care about the delay notifications, you can put your email address in the Error Email only and leave the Notification Email blank.
- If you have a Dedicated Database and received a Post Error related to an endpoint not being able to respond timely, you can increase your timeout limit in the endpoint to 15 seconds instead of 10.
PLEASE NOTE: Only server admin will have access to the Timeout Limit setting.
What is Post Processing Email Flag?
When post data fails and you have an Error Email setup, an email will send with information including the error detail and record data. There are times when the data can have sensitive information which is then transmitted over networks that may or may not be secure. To prevent the data from being viewed in the email body, enabling this flag will contain a URL for the record details instead.
PLEASE NOTE: Only server admin will have access to enable/disable this setting. It is found under the Server Info section called 'Post Processing Settings'.