iFormBuilder Smart Table Search
Also, check out:
What is the Smart Table Search?
The Smart Table Search allows you to perform a local search on any data table and auto-populate fields based on this search. The data column used to perform the search should contain a unique value so that the right data will be populated. Good examples of a unique identifier would be a phone number, employee ID, street address, etc.
What should I know before creating an STS?
Following the below guidelines will help ensure your Smart Table Search functions as expected.
- Search fields should all be Text, Text Area, or Read-Only.
- Return fields that are supported are Text, Text Area, Pick List, Read-Only, Multi-Select, Drawing, and Image elements. PLEASE NOTE: Using Image and Drawing elements in your STS tables may cause performance issues when downloading a large number of images to your device. Please test before pushing live to the field.
- Search values are case sensitive.
- Table names starting with a numeric value will cause the search to fail.
- Quotation marks in the data will cause that specific row not be returned.
- Elements that have a "return" in the data will cause the search to fail.
- Toggle elements are not supported for use with the table search feature.
- Records used for "lookup" data should not be used for any other purpose.