form builder elements
- What is the Timer element?
- How does the Timer element work?
- How do I add a Timer element to my form?
- How do I reset the Timer element?
Also, check out the following:
What is the Timer element?
How does the Timer element work?
The Timer element has two functions, start and stop. You can start and stop the Timer many times resulting in a cumulative elapsed time.
- If a timer is active when a user completes a record by pressing "Done," the timer will be stopped, and the elapsed time will be saved and submitted with the rest of the data.
- If a timer is active when a user saves a record or enters a subform, the timer will not stop recording the elapsed time.
How do I add the Timer element to my form?
To add the Timer element, please follow the instructions below.
STEP 1. With your form loaded in the Form Builder, click the Timer button from the left-hand menu.
STEP 2. On the right-hand side, you'll see the element properties. Enter the name of your element.
PLEASE NOTE: If you check the Based on Label option, it will create a data column based on the Label on the element.
STEP 3. Save your form.
STEP 4. Test it out on your device.
How do I reset the Timer element?
To reset a timer back to zero, follow the instructions below.
STEP 1. With the record pulled up on the device, press and hold the Timer element you wish to reset.
STEP 2. From the pop-up, click Reset.