Sandbox Common Questions
- What is Sandbox?
- What are the benefits of Sandbox?
- What are some real-world examples of using Sandbox?
- How do I get this magical tool called Sandbox?
What is Sandbox?
Sandbox is an independent testing environment that allows users to test and troubleshoot forms, recover lost data, and more while in a safe environment independent of your production account.
What are the benefits of Sandbox?
- Change and experiment with your forms without affecting users in the field.
- Backup deleted data up to 14 days.
- Test behaviors related to changing Option Lists, Key Values, Smart Table Search and more.
- Troubleshoot unexpected form behavior.
- Upload forms created in the Sandbox environment into your live account via the Form Packager.
- Testing, testing and did we mention, testing.
What are some real-world examples of using Sandbox?
Let's say you have a form that's currently out in the field but you need to make some changes to it, Sandbox will allow you to edit the form in a mirrored (but independent) copy of your production environment and test it out to ensure it works as you need it to before sending it out to your users.
Maybe you haven't had your coffee yet and you accidentally empty one of the data tables within your production environment, Sandbox will allow you to go back in time (up to 14 days) and pull an export of that data.
Perhaps a form you have out in the field isn't behaving the way you thought it would. Sandbox will allow you to try the form, submit test records, change the form and troubleshoot the issue till your heart's content without jeopardizing anything in your production environment.
And these are just a few scenarios.
How do I get this magical tool you call Sandbox?
To get your own Sandbox environment or discuss it in further detail, you can email Customer Success Manager or hit us up on chat.
Be sure to download the below Sandbox Overview.
how much? your "Contact Sales" link in the email does not work
Hey Darius, did you get an error or something when clicking on the link?
Usually when you click contact sales it opens an email, it did not do anything for me but I just upgraded my laptop, maybe a setting or something.
Nobody has contacted us about Sand Box yet.
Please sign in to leave a comment.