FORM BUILDER ELEMENTS
Table of Contents
- What are the 3 Golden Rules of form building?
- What is an Image Label element?
- How do I add an Image Label element to my form?
WHAT ARE THE 3 GOLDEN RULES OF FORM BUILDING?
The 3 Golden Rules of form building are:
- Always test your form before going live.
- Data column names must be unique to the form, and database friendly.
- DO NOT change Input Type, Data Size, or Encryption for an element on a live form. If data has been collected in an element, and any of those are changed, the data collected in those elements will be lost.
Click here for more information on best practices.
What is an Image Label Element?
With the Image Label element, you can add static images such as a company logo to your form.
How do I add an Image Label element to my form?
To add an Image Label to your form, please follow the instructions below.
PLEASE NOTE: The image label currently leverages Dropbox or Box integration for hosting as well as any other public resources. For instructions on how to link these resources to your account, click here for Dropbox or here for Box. You may notice that there are more media resources that you can link to under Media Storage Location, however, they are not able to be leveraged to us for hosting for the image label element and only for storing media.
STEP 1. Confirm that your Dropbox or Box account is linked to your iForm account.
STEP 2. With your form loaded in the Form Builder, click the Image Label button from the left-hand menu.
STEP 3. On the right-hand side, you'll see the element properties. Enter the name of your element. Make note of the data column name as it will be used when naming the PNG you'll be using for your static form image.
PLEASE NOTE: If you check the Based on Label option, it will create a data column based on the Label on the element.
STEP 4. From your Dropbox account (or Box if you prefer), create a new folder.
STEP 5. Name your folder.
STEP 6. Save the image you want to use to your Dropbox account. Two things to note:
- The image file name must match the data column name of your Image Label element exactly. In this example, it will be company_logo.png.
- The image file must be saved as a png. Any other file type will cause this to fail.
STEP 7. From the Form Builder, click the Edit Form Properties icon.
STEP 8. Click on the Advanced Properties Tab, then in the Label Icons URL, enter the following:
PLEASE NOTE: For Box accounts, the URL scheme would be box://iformpics and for other publicly hosted images, it would be similar to https://myserver/iformpics.
An example of using a publicly hosted image would look like the following:
Image URL: https://loadapp.iformbuilder.com/exzact/images/assign.png
Label Icons URL: https://loadapp.iformbuilder.com/exzact/images
Image Label Data Column Name: assign
PLEASE NOTE: This is the URL scheme that must be used.
STEP 9. Click Save Changes.
STEP 10. Save your form.
STEP 11. Test the functionality on your device.
Please sign in to leave a comment.