iFormBuilder Server Admin
- What is a Server Admin?
- How do I allocate licenses to different profiles?
- Error: Total Licenses allocated (#) more than total licenses allowed (#) on this server.
Also, check out:
What is a Server Admin?
One of the most notable changes with upgrading to a Dedicated Database is the addition of the Server Admin role. The Server Admin can manage different profiles within your database, allocate licenses, create users, customize the portal and more.
How do I allocate licenses to different profiles?
With a Dedicated Database, there may be times when you have to allocate a portion of your total user amount to different profiles. To do so, please follow the instructions below.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have a Dedicated Database and be a Server Admin to allocate licenses across profiles.
STEP 1. From inside your Dedicated Database portal, hover over the Server Admin tab and select Manage Profiles.
STEP 2. Highlight the profile you want to allocate licenses to and click Edit.
STEP 3. In the Number of Licenses field, enter the number of licenses you want the profile to have.
STEP 4. Click Save.
- You can not allocate more than the total number licenses you have purchased. For example, if you have 100 licenses and 95 are allocated to a particular profile, the most you can allocate total to your other profiles is 5.
- Adjusting the license total decides the maximum users that can be created in a profile. It is different from device licenses which are limited to 3 per username.
Error: Total Licenses allocated (#) more than total licenses allowed (#) on this server
When you see this error, this indicates that there is a mismatch between the number of user licenses you are paying for versus the amount you are allowed to create on the server.
This most commonly appears when you have downgraded your subscription but did not adjust the allocation of licenses in your profiles.
Example: I have a subscription for 17 user licenses. I also created 4 profiles in my server account.
- The "Maximum Number of Users" column should add up to the total amount of user licenses you are subscribed/paying for.
- In this example, I have excluded the first profile and last profile. The first profile "Test Profile" has an "Inactive" status which means it will not count toward your number of allocated licenses.
- The last profile "Zerion Software" is added to all accounts with an iForm support user and does not count toward the 17 user licenses. However, it is accounted for in the "Total Users Allowed" count under the Server Info section. So truly, the total allowed is 18 (17 paid and 1 iForm Support user).
- Based on this example, I have 16 user licenses allocated, which means I can adjust any of the active profiles number of users count up by 1.
- The "Current Number of Users" column is the count for usernames created per profile. If you reached your maximum for that profile, the "New" button to create a username will no longer appear.
Please review our Server Info section in the Server Info Overview article here for additional information.
PLEASE NOTE: If you created usernames for a profile that has a Maximum Number of Users count that is adjusted down to match the total allowed, you may need to delete usernames. Please also see our help center article here on best practices for removing a user.