iForm for iOS and Android supports a custom URL scheme engineered to handle requests from other applications on the device, and perform any of the actions listed below.
- Create a new record (with data).
- Open an existing record assigned from the server.
- Open the 'Manage' section of the app on the iPad.
- Open a specific record in the 'Manage' section of the app (iPad Only)
The following parameters are used to determine the way iForm handles the request.
- pageId: The Page ID of the form you want to work with
- action: Can either be "new" to start a new record, "edit" to modify an existing, or "view" to launch the Manage section
- recordId: Record ID to modify or view (Server ID)
- <Element Array>: Name-value pair of data fields to pass into a new record
- objectId (Used with Esri Element Only) - This will populate the esri element objectId field.
- latitude (Used with Esri Element Only) - This will populate the esri element latitude field.
- longitude (Used with Esri Element Only) - This will populate the esri element longitude field.
PLEASE NOTE: The order of the variables must be written in the order as shown below when creating your Custom URL Scheme.
iPhone(s), iPod Touch(s), and iPad(s)
You can dispatch a record via a Text Message as outlined below by following the steps below:
STEP #1: The user would receive a new message on the Messages application and tap on the URL.
STEP #2: The device will open iForm, create a new record, and populate data for first and last name as defined in the URL we tapped.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have a private client, please see your account manager to obtain your specific protocol. Every application has it's own protocol (iForm, iFormES, iFormKiosk, etc..)