What are the differences between XLS and XLSX?
There are some key differences between exporting your data as XLS and exporting it as XLSX. The differences are noted below.
- Subform links navigate to the local record within the downloaded Excel workbook.
- Column limit per worksheet expanded beyond 256 (.xls limit).
- The flattened view composes all parent and child data onto a single row within the same worksheet.
- Images may be embedded in the Excel file rather than a hyperlink.
How do I export my data to XLSX?
To export your data to XLSX, please follow the instructions below.
STEP 1. From the iFormBuilder admin portal, navigate to the Data tab.
STEP 2. Highlight the form which you'd like to export the data.
STEP 3. While holding down the Shift key, click the Excel icon.
A pop-up will display showing a URL similar to the one below:
STEP 4. Copy the URL and paste into your browser, adding V2 to the URL as shown below.
STEP 5. Once V2 is added to the URL, hit enter. The data will download in XLSX format.
PLEASE NOTE: We recommend saving the customized URL in your browser to save time in the future.
STEP 6. If needed, use a combination of the parameters below to customize the output to match your needs.
FLAT_VIEW=1: Related parent and child data is output to a single row in the same worksheet.
FEED=1: Returns record metadata, column names, and option key values.
ANALYTIC=1: Option list values return the index of the selection rather than the label or key value.
RAW_LINK=1: URL to images embedded in the document.
- INCLUDE_IMAGES=1: Display actual images instead of URLs.
*Replace server name with your company's server URL (ex. app, zerion, etc.)