iOS Release Notes
Release Date: 8.30.2017
- Map View on Location Element: When using the Location Element a map will now be included below the location details. As you select 'Refresh' the location of the pin will be updated on the map.
- New Built-In Functions Additional built in functions have been added. This includes the ability to capture the following:
- OS Type - iformbuilder.osType
- OS Version - iformbuilder.osVersion
- App Version - iformbuilder.appVersion
- App Name - iformbuilder.appName
- Form Version - iformbuilder.formVersion
- Device Model - iformbuilder.deviceModel
- Device Language - iformbuilder.deviceLanguage
Please follow this Release Notes article to be notified of upcoming instructions on how to include these new built-in functions in your data.
- Built-in Functions will now work regardless of username case sensitivity. Previously, if the user did not log in with the exact case sensitivity of the created username (i.e. User1 vs user1) the Built-in Functions would fail. This has been adjusted to work regardless of case sensitivity.
Here is a sneak peek of the new map on the location element. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv94dhsME7c&feature=youtu.be
This is a pretty cool new integration. Are you able to also tap elsewhere on the map (away from your location) and move the location marker?
Thanks for the continued improvements!
Hi Brant, Thanks for the feedback here. Currently, you are not able to move the location marker. but this is something that we are looking to add into the pipeline.
Would you like this feature to be available for all location elements or is this something that should be turned on through the FormBuilder?
I like the idea of being able to turn that feature on at the element level in the form builder. This way the form designer can choose to force users to grab actual current location, or give users more control over the location, depending on the form or even different location elements within the form.
If you end up adding the ability to move the location marker, this widget will start to really resemble the ESRI widget. Although I like the workflow/functionality of the location widget a lot more.
Any thoughts on remodeling the ESRI widget to be more like the new and improved location widget, or possibly enabling the ESRI widget to grab location data from the location widget?
Loving the geospatial focus and improvements either way. Thanks again.
Thanks, Brant. The Development team has worked hard on this and more to come in the future :) I agree to add this at the element level is best to let builders have more control as some admins may not want their users moving the point.
Yes, we have thought about adding some new functionality in terms of mapping to the platform. I will share a post on later today with a video of the Mockup we have put together. We would really appreciate your and anyone's feedback on this.
Hi Brant. Here is the link to the video mockup on our community forum. https://iformbuilder.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115010281446-New-Mapping-Prototype-?page=1#community_comment_115004773983
Please sign in to leave a comment.