iFomBuilder Smart Controls
- How do I create an Option List?
- How do I use ZCDisplayValue and ZCDisplayKey?
- How do I use ZCDisplay to create a Dynamic Label?
How do I create an Option List?
iFormBuilder Option Lists are just what they sound like, a predefined list of options which your users can choose from when using one of the following widgets:
- Pick List
How do I use ZCDisplayValue and ZCDisplayKey?
Using ZCDisplay functions is one of our best practices and we highly recommend users take advantage of this smart control to minimize errors.
PLEASE NOTE: ZCDisplayValue and ZCDisplayKey only work with option lists.
Let's say the data column name of this Pick List/Select/Multi-Select element is:
To reference the first option in this list, you would normally use:
my_option_list_element == 0
However, when updating the Option List, your sort order might change. Below are the alternatives:
ZCDisplayValue_my_option_list_element == "Building A"
ZCDisplayKey_my_option_list_element == "building_a"
- Options that contain quotation marks (") & (') in the Label or options that contain commas (,) in the Key Value will not work.
- You need to put an underscore (_) between ZCDisplayValue/ZCDisplayKey and the data column name.
How do I use ZCDisplay to create a Dynamic Label?
Let's say you want users to add comments on the building they have selected. You can add a Text/Text-Area element with the Dynamic Label of:
"Comments on " + ZCDisplayValue_my_option_list_element
Then the label will dynamically change depending on what users picked from the list.